Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Lasting Lily

Hey there Stampers! Welcome back, and if it's your first time stopping by, thanks for visiting!

Today's card is sort of a continuation of yesterday's post. The small cardstock piece behind the lilies is a piece cut off from my Marker Marbling cardstock background piece from yesterday's card.



For this card I wanted to show that background techniques don't necessarily have to encompass the whole background of the card. Sometimes a technique can be featured in just a small way but it still makes an impact. 

The lilies were stamped in Merry Merlot ink, and the stems were stamped using Mossy Meadow. They were then cut out with the Lily Framelit Dies that were available last month. **please note that there is no texture to the lily, it is unfortunately a result of the photo editing. 

If you missed it yesterday, here is how I created the Marker Marbling technique: 

(I used a larger piece of Glossy cardstock than what I needed and chose the finished area that I liked the best, cut down to size for yesterday's card and keeping a smaller piece cut to size for today's card.)  

I randomly scribbled onto a ziplock bag using Mossy Meadow, Crumb Cake and Mango Melody Stampin' Blends. Make sure that your coloured area is the same size or a little larger than the cardstock piece that you are going to use. Once I had the colour where I wanted it, I spritzed the bag with a Stampin' Spritzer filled with alcohol. I then placed the Glossy cardstock piece upside down onto the bag and pressed down. Lift the cardstock piece off and let it dry.

A piece of Wood Textures DSP was layered onto Whisper White card base. Then pieces of Merry Merlot and Whisper White cardstock were layered onto card front. The Marker Marbling piece was placed just off of the cardstock frames. The lilies were then added using dimensionals, and a bow was attached using Linen Thread and small glue dot. The sentiment was stamped using Memento Black ink and adhered over the lilies using dimensionals. 

All the products I used on my card are listed below. Just click on the image to be taken to my website for easy ordering. 

No comments:

Post a Comment