Monday, January 21, 2013

Chalkboard Technique

Hi Bloggers! It's Monday again, and another long week ahead. 
This week I have my Stamper's Club group on Wednesday and I can't wait to show them what I have planned for them.... I will post later this week after they have made the projects. 

So Sale-a-Bration starts this week and I am showcasing another card using the Feeling Sentimental stamp set. I am really liking this set... And it's FREE! There's nothing better than that!
I am curious though, what criteria do you use when purchasing your stamp sets? Is it just love of the image? Or value that you get in the set.. say more stamps in the set for a good price? Do you figure out how many different ways that you could use the set to get the most value? I would love your feedback so leave me a comment. I just purchase them based on what I like, no thought process here! LOL

So here's my card today using the Chalkboard Technique...
If you are interested in learning new techniques every month, contact me for  Stamper's Club information...


Stamp Sets:   Feeling Sentimental  (129630 Sale-a-Bration), Memorable Moments (Wood Mount 126680 Clear Mount 126682), Word Play (Wood Mount 120308, Clear Mount 120651)
Paper:  Basic Black (121045), Crumb Cake (120953), Designer Series Paper Stack (117157)
Ink:  versamark (102283), Crumb Cake (126975)
Cool Tools:   Paper Snips (103579),  Heat Tool (129053), Distressing Tool (127562), Sponge Daubers (102892)
The Perfect Touch:  Silver Basics Designer Buttons (129325), Crochet Trim (118481), Linen Thread (104199), White Embossing Powder (109132) , Watercolor Pencils (101879),
Stampin' Dimensionals (104430), 
 
Shop Now!!!

10 comments:

  1. LOVE this card. That chalkboard technique looks wonderful and love that bicycle! Thanks so much for joining us at Playing in Paradise this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting card work, Terrific contrast with the black and white.
    When I choose a stamp usually it is because I love the way it looks. I am pretty fussy about what I will buy, I do have to love it. I lean towards larger stamps, not sure why. Probably because I am not a dedicated card maker.
    Thanks for linking up again Terry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am like you Pam, I have to like the stamp set and I tend to be picky about what I buy
      thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  3. Fabulous card Terry, the Chalkboard technique looks great. The black and white is very eye catching, Thank you for joining us for Playing in Paradise 100th challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a neat technique - the white on black looks fantastic. Beautiful card! Thanks joining our 100th Playing in Paradise challenge.

    When I buy stamps, I have to fall in love with the image. For sentiments I am much more thoughtful and tend to purchase for value. I know that is irrational. :)

    Hugs, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Dawn. I don't think there is anything rational about our scrapbooking/cardmaking habits! LOL

      Delete
  5. Love the chalkboard technique! I have to agree with Dawn - I must love the image, and for sentiments I try to get bang for my buck!

    ReplyDelete