Saturday, April 14, 2018

Stamp 'N Hop - April Blog Hop


Hey there Stampers! 
Thank you for joining me for April's Stamp 'N Hop Blog Hop. I'm sure that you are going to find some great inspiration from the wonderfully creative Stampin' Up! demonstrators as you follow along with us.



This month's theme is Annual Catalogue Favourites. For today's project I chose a card that I made with my Stamper's Club and also used as my swap for Stamping' Up! OnStage in Red Deer last weekend. It features the Black Ice technique created by Melissa Kerman. 
This is a very easy technique that provides stunning results. In this project I used Silver Foil paper, and lightly dragged the Black Archival ink down the piece, then stamped the images using the Butterfly Basics stamp set. Allow this to dry then drag a versa mark pad lightly down the foil piece. Emboss with Clear Embossing powder. And voila! 

And don't forget... If you love the Butterfly Basics stamp set, make sure you order now as it is retiring  on May 31and is only available while supplies last. 



I hope you liked the card and don't forget to scroll down to the "Next" button to get to the next Stamp 'N Hop blog.



























Terry Montgomery - You are here!
















13 comments:

  1. Love this card Terry and it works so well with the black ice technique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to try the Black Ice technique myself. Still not done !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Terry,
    I love the black ice technique and had always wondered how it was done. your description makes it sound so easy. will definitely be trying it out soon.
    Sincerely,
    Tracey from Texas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! And what a neat technique. I need to give this one a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen the black ice technique before and love how you used it here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Butterfly basics is a great & useful set. Your card is very pretty. Many many many years ago we did this technique with tin/aluminum foil (not much if any access to foil papers then). All things old are new again...with a new name too; I’m sure it wasn’t called black ice back then. For the life of me, I cannot remember what it was called.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the black ice and how beautiful card

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a lovely card, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great technique - one Ihave been meaning to try for ages, TFS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply gorgeous! I love the technique that you used. -Laurie Meier

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will have to try this technique!

    ReplyDelete